[GPGME] gpgme_get_key vs. gpgme_op_keylist_start

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 10 11:56:21 CEST 2006

Stephan Menzel <smenzel at gmx-gmbh.de> writes:

> Can anyone here tell me if there's any kind of schedule for gpgme/gpgsm to
> become beta?

I consider gpgsm and gpg-agent as beta or even production code.  It is
actually used at some larger places and with one distro.

It is a bit unfortunate that you have to install gnupg 1.9 and 1.4
alongside and that tehre is no GnuPG 2.0.  The main missing point for
2.0 is reintegration of the current gpg 1.4 line of code, so that this
double installation won't be required anymore.  KDE people are asking
for a 2.0 for more than a year but due to a lack of time we were not
able to get to there.

I revised the old roadmap in that GnuPG 2.0 won't bring all the
features orginally planned (secret key operations delegated to
gpg-agent, a new keyring format, etc.) but be the GnuPG 1.9 as of now
plus a gpg2 binary including all the features from 1.4.x.  gpgme will
then try to use the gpg2 binary if available.

There is still some work of coding and testing left but expect a
version this summer.

Salam-Shalom,