GnuPG 1.9.23 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 19 18:28:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:07, Bernhard Reiter said:

> I have added a wish for a Debian experimental package
> http://bugs.debian.org/388257

I fear that your whish to completly supercede the gnupg package by
gnupg2 is not possible.  gnupg2 has a *lot of dependencies* and relies
on the gpg-agent.  gpg however is a core package of Debian.  I see no
way to go without gpg 1.4.  In fact, I plan to keep the name gpg2 to
allow installing along with gpg1.  I am currently discussing with
Marcus on how we can make the gpgme library use gpg2.

Shalom-Salam,