GnuPG 1.9.23 released

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Wed Sep 20 15:15:19 CEST 2006

 || On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:49:06 +0200
 || Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

 wk> OTOH, a simple tools with minimal dependecies is often better
 wk> suited for certain tasks. [...]  Yes, it may fully replace gpg1.

Good to hear.

I fully agree with the sentiment of "the right tool for the right
job", but I think Bernhard has a point in so far as it seems that the
time has come to make gnupg2 the "main" release now.

I wonder: could it ever become possible to build a "downsized" version
for specific purposes and limited dependencies from the gnupg2 branch?

That might make maintenance of 1.4 unnecessary in the long run.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>