LDAPS configure error on Windows

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 02:46:19 CET 2007

configure's check for ldap_start_tls_s fails on Win32 even though the function
is defined and exists. The problem stems from Windows support two versions of
most functions, one for wide chars (UNICODE) and a default (ANSI).

    checking whether LDAP via "-lwldap32" is present and sane... yes
    checking for ldap_get_option... yes
    checking for ldap_set_option... yes
    checking for ldap_start_tls_s... no

From winldap.h

    #ifdef UNICODE
<snip>
    #define ldap_start_tls_s ldap_start_tls_sW
<snip>
    #else
<snip>
    #define ldap_start_tls_s ldap_start_tls_sA
<snip>
    #endif

Sorry I don't know enough autotools to offer a patch, but it would seem that
inserting the snippet

#ifdef _WIN32
#define ldap_start_tls_s ldap_start_tls_sA
#endif

would modify behavior enough for the link to succeed. For now I'll just continue
patching config.h

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             keyserver hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net