import of external certificates via command line

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 20 16:10:02 CET 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:30, bernhard at intevation.de said:

>> Wouldn't it make sense to have --recv-keys implemented
>> for gpgsm with the method to search a key and then import it?
>> Currently, --recv-keys says it is not implemented.
>
> Any solution to this meanwhile?

No.  It is a bit of work because we need to write a little dialog
similar to the one used by gpg --search-key.  Implementing a straight
--recv-key is not possible because there is no standard way to single
out a key by means of a standard identifier like the fingerprint or
SN+IssuerDN.

Shalom-Salam,