import of external certificates via command line

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 21 10:46:00 CET 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 16:10, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:30, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> >> Wouldn't it make sense to have --recv-keys implemented
> >> for gpgsm with the method to search a key and then import it?
> >> Currently, --recv-keys says it is not implemented.
> >
> > Any solution to this meanwhile?
>
> No.  It is a bit of work because we need to write a little dialog
> similar to the one used by gpg --search-key.

Why not have an option like --import-external-keys PATTERN
which just tries to import all found keys?

Or an option to --list-external-keys?
For the command line workflow it would be fine if I know that with the current
settings my PATTERN will match the keys I want and with the next command
I would just import them.
So it is really frustrating because I can list and dump the key attributes,
but not get the key out of the system though it has it.