Embedded GnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 8 06:37:39 CET 2007

On Wed,  7 Feb 2007 17:06, sbt2 at megacceso.com said:

> I am interested to put inside a linux embedded system the GnuPG. Now, I am
> more interested in the 1.4 branch because also we want to use the elliptic
> curve patch (remember, unofficial, experimental, and underdevelopment). But
> in the future we will use the 2.0 branch.

1.4 does even run on system without MMU like the ColdFire.  Use
"./autogen.sh --build-uclinux" to run the configure for such a system.
That port is some years old, so you might want to add the new
--enable-minimal to the list of configure options.

> My question is, which should be the best way to have the thinest libraries and
> binaries to run the application? What is interesting to have, and what could
> be sacrificed?

2.0 will be much harder because it takes up more space and requires
preemptive multitasking.  I have not looked at how to get 2.0 smaller.

Shalom-Salam,