[gpgme] fork() problem

Stephan Menzel smenzel at gmx-gmbh.de
Sun Feb 18 13:00:12 CET 2007

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your response.
I'm already about to get crazy debugging this. ;-)

Am Freitag, 16. Februar 2007 23:11:51 schrieb Marcus Brinkmann:
> So much about GPGME's fork.  However, there is a corresponding issue.
> If the GPGME-using application does a fork, not to do an execv but to
> do some work, then GPGME's internal mutexes are in a possibly
> inconsistent state.  Currently, GPGME does not support this
> configuration, in fact, it was never considered by me (an omission).
>
> Do you fork() in your program and then not execv?

Only before I use gpgme. Initially the server process forks to daemonize when
starting up. After that it creates multiple threads but doesn't fork anymore
for any purpose. These threads use gpgme occasionally. So as far as I
understand the situation the only forks happening should be under gpgme's
control.

Greetings...

Stephan