[gpgme] fork() problem
smenzel at gmx-gmbh.de
Mon Feb 19 16:01:12 CET 2007
Am Sonntag, 18. Februar 2007 13:00:12 schrieb Stephan Menzel:
> Only before I use gpgme. Initially the server process forks to daemonize
> when starting up. After that it creates multiple threads but doesn't fork
> anymore for any purpose. These threads use gpgme occasionally. So as far as
> I understand the situation the only forks happening should be under gpgme's
I think I've got it solved. I just took the functionality and moved it away
out of the daemon and put it into a new daemon that doesn't use threading but
rather uses fork() itself. The original daemon queries the functions now from
this new one. It seems to work fine at the cost of just a little overhead.
I know this is merely a curing the symptoms but it works for me ;-)
Thank you anyway!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/attachments/20070219/e0a3df64/attachment.pgp
More information about the Gnupg-devel