Compiling GnuPG 2.0.1 on MacOS X

snowcrash+gnupg-users schneecrash+gnupg-users at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 19:25:17 CET 2007

hi,

> Personally, I'd rather do without the QT bloat.

> Perhaps wxWidgets is the answer; it's free, open source and comes with
> support for Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT/2K/XP, Linux/Unix with the GTK+
> toolkit (or plain X11, or Motif), and MacOS.
>
> It might turn out to be just as bloated but at least the licensing isn't
> as restrictive!  Um, I'll see what I can do when I get time...

the several wxwidgets apps that i've built/used haven't turned out to
be the 'leanest' either ... but, in comparison, i don't know :-/

as for Qt, how's the licence 'restrictive'?

it's GPL:  http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licenses/licensing/opensource

whereas wx is L-GPL:
http://wxwidgets.org/about/newlicen.htm

atm, Qt has the 'weight' of KDE behind it ... as GTK+ has Gnome (iirc
-- not a gnome user, myself).

wx may be a *fine* solution, but it IS *an additional* solution.