GPGME-Error rungpg.c:487: command_handler: Assertion `gpg->cmd.code' failed.

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 24 13:52:04 CEST 2007

At Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:42:16 +0200,
Christian Kamps <Christian.Kamps at gmx.de> wrote:
> 8345 Aborted (core dumped) ./check <svm-mime-i.txt >out.txt 2>err.txt
>
> last few lines of STDERR (err.txt) are:
>   - gpgme-context created
>   - gpgme-data-objekt msg created (MIME)
>   - gpgme-data-object sig created (MIME)
> check: rungpg.c:487: command_handler: Assertion `gpg->cmd.code' failed.

Three ideas:

Run with valgrind to check for memory access errors (in your code and
in GPGME).

Run with GPGME_DEBUG=3 and see if the log reveals something.

Attach gdb to the core file or if possible at run time and try to find
out what's going on.

If you send me your files I can try to reproduce it here.

Thanks,
Marcus