GnuPG 2.0.3: gpgconf.conf and allow-mark-trusted

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Fri Mar 30 13:54:28 CEST 2007

Hello Werner,

I realized that "allow-mark-trusted" is set to "no-change" hardwired
in the source code. I am aware it is set to "change" through gpgconf.conf
(if installed correctly).

However, I think GnuPG should not hardwire any such things.
Or are there good reasons to do so?

Next, the default gpgconf.conf should not set anything but only
keep some examples (like the one for  "allow-mark-trusted") commented
out.

Then we would have a liberal default and it is subject to packagers or
sysadmins to define policies.

All the best

	Jan