Libgcrypt svn trunk build failure on HPPA

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri May 18 23:29:44 CEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

At Thu, 17 May 2007 10:08:40 +0200,
Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> libgcrypt SVN HEAD (Revision 1251) fails to build from source on hppa,
> the source of trouble seems to be the asm/mpi build-system:

I redid the Automake magic because the old way caused assembler files
to be compiled without PIC.

> |config.status: linking ./mpi/pa7100/mpih-lshift.S to mpi/mpih-lshift-asm.S
> |config.status: linking ./mpi/pa7100/mpih-rshift.S to mpi/mpih-rshift-asm.S
> |config.status: linking ./mpi/hppa1.1/udiv-qrnnd.S to mpi/udiv-qrnnd-asm.S
> |config.status: linking ./mpi/generic/mpi-asm-defs.h to mpi/mpi-asm-defs.h
> |config.status: executing depfiles commands
> [However udiv-qrnnd.lo is not generated and not linked into libmpi.la and therefore..]

You mean udiv-qrnnd-asm.lo.  The name changed necessarily.

> FWIW 1.3.0 vanilla seems to build fine. If there is more information
> needed (complete buildlog, config.status et, ...) I will happily
> provide it.

Can you please send me the files config.log and mpi/Makefile ?  This
might be enough (but to be honest, I don't yet know what I am looking
for).

Thanks,
Marcus