fixes for Msys+Mingw

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix at libero.it
Tue Aug 26 18:40:27 CEST 2008

Hello,
I tried to compile gnupg 2.0.9 under Mingw+Msys.
I got some little troubles that I fixed in my build.
I attached a patch to this email.

Description of changes:

1- /jnlib/utf8conv.c was compiled successfully, but it was not working because because "iconv.dll" was not found during runtime.
But it exists just with a different name, mine is called "libiconv-2.dll".
I believe that it's a good idea to use ICONV correctly if it's found.
Since Msys is a posix-like enviroment under Windows, AM_ICONV detects its presence at configure time and it adds "-liconv" to LDFLAGS.
So, if that shared library exists, the executables are linked directly with the import library and it is absolutely not required to dynamically load it.

2- compilation of scd/ccid-driver.c failed because ETIMEDOUT is undefined in Windows.
However, LibUSB-Win32 do not set errno, but it encodes the error code directly into the return value of the functions.
So the test on errno happens only on platforms different from W32.

I hope you will find it useful.

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.