Vs Combined Method? E+S from RFC 3156 6.2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 15 11:53:10 CET 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:12, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> would be more and more important, because in the last month alone I've got
> email claimed to be from the following email application that are using the
> combined method (and text mode), which again I assume Werner dislikes:

It is merely that I suggest to use the standard method as per rfc3156.

> 2.

I am using GNUs for may years and the default is to use the non-combined
method.  However, it might depend on the backend you use for encryption.
I use EasyPG.

> 3.

The principal authors of mutt are also authors of rfc3156. However, I
believe that for histroic reasons the default is to use the combined
method.  If you switch to the GPGME backend ("set crypt_use_gpgme") the
default the non-combined method.

Shalom-Salam,