import of external certificates via command line

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 2 12:34:42 CET 2008

On Friday 21 December 2007 18:09, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:15, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > No it does not give me the key, only the attributes.
>
> You may then use the listed fingerprint to export the key.  Note that
> you must use the fingerprint, the keyid is wrong and the issuer DN is
> definitely wrong; only the fingerprint is ...

Okay, the procedure as far as I know is:

	gpgsm --list-external-keys Boromir
     # select the fingerprint from the listing
	gpgsm --export b0:12:12:..... >boromirskey
	gpgsm --import boromirskey

(tested with gpgsm 2.0.7)

This is confusing, because
	gpgsm --export Boromir
	will _not_ work, even when there is only one key found.
also this cannot be learned from the documentation and thus is obscure.

Bernhard