import of external certificates via command line

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 2 13:37:00 CET 2008

On Wed,  2 Jan 2008 12:34, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> This is confusing, because
> 	gpgsm --export Boromir
> 	will _not_ work, even when there is only one key found.
> also this cannot be learned from the documentation and thus is obscure.

We have similar thing in gpg for many years.  Only the fingerprint
unambiguously indentifies a key and thus we use this hack to also export
those hidden certificates.  That feature has been implemented on request
from the KMail/Kleopatra folks.

It is not documented because it is indeed obscure ;-).

Shalom-Salam,