exporting and importing some subkeys

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 2 13:41:22 CET 2008

With gnupg 2.0.7 (and 2.0.5):

Given two machines with .gnupg having your secret key
and doing "addkey" on one, I encountered a problem
trying to transfer the new subkey to the other.

gpg2 --export-secret-key  ABCDEF >mykey

worked even when ABCDEF is the fingerprint of my new subkey.
gpg2 --import mykey
tells me that the key is already in my keyring.

gpg2 --list-secret-keys does not have the new subkey,
so I guess the problem to be in the import.

Am I missing something?

Bernhard