pyme

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Tue Jan 8 15:04:13 CET 2008

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Yes, this would be cool, even if it is just a remark saying that it
> works with the latest version.

Well, as a user of Debian 'unstable' I know it works with GPGME 1.1.5
but you are right that I may need to have this info back on the SF page
as well. I'll see if that could be automated.

> Our experience with a few libraries wrapped in SWIG is that it tends to be
> hard on the interesting interface cases and usually produces binding that are
> not very pythonic nor high level. Thus we went back doing direct wrappers
> without SWIG as it did caused more work whenever we had a special case and
> interface tend to consist out out special causes.

It looks like GPGME is very good candidate for the SWIG - its interface
design is almost object oriented so that there are very few supporting
classes necessary to make it python friendly. And I do believe 'E' in
there stands for 'Easy' which is the  usual requirement for the 'high
level' bindings. :)

> I would want Mailman and roundup to be able to receive and send encrypted
> emails, at some point in time we will give it a shot with pyme and then you
> will get reports. ;)

I'd recommend to start with examples provided with pyme. There's even
some Glade based GUI ones if you like that sort of things. :)

And as for the reports - Bring them on! ;)

Cheers,
Igor