gnupg: with-colons option breaks encoding

Petr Uzel petr.uzel at suse.cz
Fri Jun 13 14:26:36 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I've found another problem with non-latin characters in gpg:

I've created testing keypair with UID containing non-latin characters.
1) gpg --list-keys prints everything OK
2) gpg --list-keys --with-colons breaks the encoding and prints weird characters

I use UTF-8 terminal and have 'display-charset utf-8' option set in gpg.conf, so it should not be affected by the bug that I've reported a few days ago.

This bug affects e.g. kgpg which uses --with-colons option to get list of the keys.

I suggest to fix this by using 'print_utf8_string2()' instead of simple 'print_string()' in 'list_keyblock_colon()'. (Hope this description is not considered a patch ;) )

--
Best regards / s pozdravem

Petr Uzel, Packages maintainer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                          e-mail: petr.uzel at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 964
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz