Secret Sharing

Phil Sutter sutter at informatik.hs-furtwangen.de
Thu Mar 20 01:13:48 CET 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:50:48PM +0100, Sergi Blanch i Torné wrote:
> I want to encourage you in this project. It looks very nice to have something
> about secret sharing to play. I can share my experience (to help you to avoid
> mystakes that I did) writing a patch.

sounds great. I'm really looking forward to it.

> The first that I can advise you is to read, read and read code. Not only the
> GnuPG's ones, but specially these. In the ecc patch I didn't follow the
> coding style and this makes hard a good adequacy. Some one else (Werner
> probably, but authors file doesn't say it specifically, correct me if I
> mistake) did it. This is an overload that if you work fine would be bypassed.

That's surely true. Currently I'm reading much about the mathematical
aspects of secret sharing as well as methods for realising multi-time
schemes which e.g. allow adding/revoking users without having to
distribute new keys to all participants.
Since in another project I'm working on getting some kernel patches
upstream, I already made first contact with "indent" and coding style in
general, so all this is not completely new to me.

> IMHO, is important to receive feedbacks, specially to realize that you are not
> alone. Also publish it under a free software license when you have something
> usable.

Yes, of course. Not only because I'm hoping to eventually getting this
upstream, GPL will be my choice of license.

> Good luck!

Thanks a lot! :)

Greetings, Phil