Secret Sharing

Sergi Blanch i Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Thu Mar 20 23:08:22 CET 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 20:25:29 Phil Sutter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:14:45PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > My major concerns with secret sharing is that I have no idea on how to
> > make a good user interface.
>
> This is another good question, and in some ways also associated to my
> questions about how to design the processes.

As far as I know, it is not easy to solve this but neither is so hard. For an
(n, t)-threshold scheme (where, I think means 'n' keys with any 't' keys
enough to decrypt) should be like have access to this 't' keys like typing
all the passphrases or introducing 't' smartcards. Would be a task for
libassuan?

The point that I really don't know is how could be possible to allow a live
together on keys of different nature, like finite fields one with an ecc.

/Sergi.