gpg-agent with gpg4win 1.9.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 20 19:22:17 CEST 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 13:51, patrick at mozilla-enigmail.org said:

> --no-detach is provided gpg-agent would start as today and if just
> --daemon is provided the daemon would detach itself. However, I don't
> know if that's easily possible on Windows.

No, that is not possible without executing a wrapper first (which might
be the same program of course).  I tried it but it is too much trouble.

Given that Windows has no process hierarchy (i.e. there are no
parent-child relationship) you can't map Unix semantix one to one to
Windows.  If you want to do that you will soon end up with something
very similar to Cygwin.

Shalom-Salam,