Using GPG exported key

Joao Paulo Fernandes jpaulo.melo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:11:41 CEST 2009

Hi everyboby,

Im exporting my gpg key from  my unix server
gpg --armor --output "key.txt" --export myserver

i import the key.txt in other computer
gpg --import key.txt

i trust ultimately the myserver key with --edit-key
but i still get the error when i try to encrypt files with the key:
gpg -r myserver --output "test.gpg"  -e mytext.txt

gpg: myserver: skipped: public key not found
gpg: mytext.txt: encryption failed: public key not found

I saw this is a common error people have but no solution.
Somebody could help me ?

Thanks.