Camellia for OpenPGP RFC published

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jun 5 05:03:30 CEST 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Thu,  4 Jun 2009 14:52, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:
>
>>        RFC 5581
>>
>>        Title:      The Camellia Cipher in OpenPGP
>
> It seems we can now remove camellia out of the experimental-do-no-use
> state.  Our Japanese friends will be glad to hear that.

I did this for gpg1, and started on this for gpg2, but there is a bit
of a headache hiding there: libgcrypt uses 310-312 for the Camellia
algorithm numbers and OpenPGP uses 11-13, so every call to
gcry_cipher_* needs to call map_cipher_openpgp_to_gcry to sanitize the
algorithm numbers before passing them to libgcrypt.  At the moment,
almost none of them do, so any use of Camellia causes libgcrypt to
abort with "Ohhhh jeeee: cipher 11 not found".

I'm thinking of making a macro to simplify this.  There are a good
number of places it happens.

David