gpgme usage

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 5 23:00:10 CET 2009

On Thu,  5 Mar 2009 15:51, comp.ogz at gmail.com said:

>> My guess is that you need to enable Large File support.  The gpgme
>> manual has a chapter on this.
>
> Should i really enable it? It is just the text file (cipher-1.asc at the
> tests directory.)

If your system does not use LFS by default it can't work.  Recall that
you use a gpgme_data_seek in print_data and that function takes an
off_t.  GPGME has been build with LFS support and if your system doesn't
use LFS by default we have a 32 / 64 bit mismatch in the off_t and thus
the stack gets corrupted.  gpgme_data_seek sees other arguments than you
passed and thus it returns you an error.  Please read the manual.

Salam-Shalom,