USB Token for GnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 11 15:14:55 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:43, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> No changes needed for GnuPG code.  Although it's quite bad code now
> (mostly hardcoded, many layer violation, etc.), it implements ISO-7816
> commands on top of USB-ICC version A (T=0) protocol.

I don't have a copy of 7816-12 here so I don't know any details.
However it seems that there is a version B which sends complete APDUs.
Any chance to implement that versions to get rid of the T=0 protocol
with all its problems?

> Given this little success, I am considering to implement ECC instead
> of RSA, because RSA 1024-bit won't survive so long, and we can expect
> less seconds for computation.

There is I-D to extend OpenPGP with ECC and we are already working on an
GnuPG implementation.

Shalom-Salam,