un-trusting MD5 in gpg

John W. Moore III jmoore3rd at bellsouth.net
Thu May 7 19:15:25 CEST 2009

Werner Koch wrote:

> The name of the erro code is too specific.  GPG_ERR_DISABLED_DIGEST is
> better; if you like the error message may say "...disabled or blacklisted".

I am very interested in these discussions but they have brought to mind
a Question:

How many instances of --verbose will need to be called for the
'blacklisted' messages to usefully appear?  1, 2 or all 3?

I bring this up specifically because in the Past I discovered that
calling 3 instances of --verbose for maximum 'information' can cause the
View Photo ID option within Enigmail to fail.  Certainly not the end of
the World but one of the 'rabbit trails' My mind constantly considers.

JOHN :-D
Timestamp: Thursday 07 May 2009, 13:15  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)