Default encryption key algo

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon May 11 19:58:23 CEST 2009

Werner Koch wrote:
> I have a slight preference towards RSA because that allows to transfer
> the key to a smartcard.  Given that subkeys are easily changeable it is
> not a real advantage, though.

I vote for RSA because I'm getting pretty tired of the fixed-size hashes
associated with the various DSAs.  This seems to be the cause of a
remarkable number of requests for help on various mailing lists.

RSA makes it easier for end users to switch their hash algorithms, and
that's plenty good enough reason for me.