RSA+RSA is now the default

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 25 20:46:10 CEST 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009 18:46, nicholas.cole at gmail.com said:

> Could I therefore make a plea that the new order is clearly documented
> in the Changelog? :-)

You mean so that it won't change in the future?  I don't think that is a
good idea.

I expect users to actually read the menu.  If they don't read it, I
assume that they will select the first item and thus this should be the
default.

> It's a small point and I don't mean to get side-tracked, but if any
> front-ends have used this menu, I rather fear that you have replaced

That is quite possible.  Making --fixed-list-mode the default was a more
incompatible change; despite that I know only of one tool which fails
(kgpg).  Thus I doubt that there will be many problems with a change in
this menu.  Actually the key generation menu has always been dynamic
(check --expert, --enable-dsa) and problems should have popped up
already.

Salam-Shalom,