DSA2 default status

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Nov 18 20:08:33 CET 2009

On 11/18/2009 01:50 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> If V5 is going to be more than six months or so, though, then I think
> enabling DSA2 by default should be done now.

I seriously doubt that v5 is going to be ready in 6 months.  my sense of
the OpenPGP WG was that v5 would probably wait on the results of the
NIST hash competition for a successor to SHA-1, and that won't be ready
in 6 months, since the Second SHA-3 Candidate Conference is in August of
next year:


i could be mistaken about this, of course.  Maybe the WG will want to
update the spec before SHA-3 is chosen.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 891 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: </pipermail/attachments/20091118/b0a33fd3/attachment.pgp>

More information about the Gnupg-devel mailing list