does gpg ever write to stdout in if a file could not be decrypted?

Philippe Cerfon philcerf at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 21 15:38:54 CET 2009

Hi.

Minor question:
Say I use gpg in batch mode to decrypt a file to stdout. Of course
this might fail (the passphrase might be wrong, or the message
corrupted).
In this case, the exist status will be != 0, right?
But could it EVER happen, that gpg still printed something to stdout?

I mean imagine very big files... I cannot believe that gpg caches them
until it knows whether decryption has successful or not?!
And I also speak of such encrypted files which don't have this check value set.

Best wishes,
Philippe