Where is >libassuan-1.1.0

Ingo Krabbe ikrabbe.ask at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:12:35 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:15:33PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:10, ikrabbe.ask at gmail.com said:
>
> > when I try to compile gnupg and gpgme from trunk I need a libassuan with a new
> > API version, that should be available from version 1.1.0 on.
>
> You need to use libassuan from the SVN as well.
>
> We are currently in the process of changing quite soem things and until
> this has settled down we won't do any regular release.  The main factor
> is the cleanup of the libassuan API while truning it into a DSO.  It is
> basicaly finished and as soon as this has been done we will do a
> libassuan release so that other software can migrate to the new API.
>
> > together in the svn repositories or even better I would recommend to use git
> > repositories, which are much better for distributed development.
>
> We settled for CVS/SVN a long time ago and won't change every few years
> for the then en-vogue VCS.  Further we don't have a distributed
> development model but a closely controlled one for legal and security
> reasons.

Hi Werner,

Actually there are strong reasons to use git, not just that it might be
"en-vouge" and its possible to read in all the previously known tags and
branches in svn or cvs into a new git repository, but finally its your
selection.

On the other hand, It might be a problem that you don't have a distributed
model, as you should have, having the GnuPG Project in the open source domain,
though I think, I understand your reasons.

It would finally be quite helpfull if you would put the references of all basic
svn paths on a central place on gnupg.org, as I failed to find the libassuan one
for example and I don't think there is a way to access them, without knowing
their names (libassuan might have been called Assuan or just assuan, as it was
as the internal path of gpgme).

But with I now found that version on your server and I'm happy with it, for now.

bye ingo

--
i don't do signatures