Out of memory error, Mac 10.6, GnuPG 1.4.10

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 4 19:34:37 CEST 2009

On Fri,  4 Sep 2009 15:57, dt08lk9 at student.lth.se said:

> macbook:Desktop linus$ LANGUAGE=en_US gpg -d test.txt.gpg
> gpg: anonymous recipient; trying secret key 01DB6623 ...
> gpg(22464) malloc: *** mmap(size=140733193392128) failed (error code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> gpg: out of  memory while allocating 27 bytes

Please run:

  LANGUAGE=en_US gpg --debug 32 -d test.txt.gpg

the last lines of the log might give a hint where we allocate the 27
bytes.  Given that the error is in libc I dount that it will help,
however running it is easy.

Also check that the C macro M_GUARD is not defined:  You find such
#ifdefs in util/memory.c.  Add a line

 #error ooops

inside of such a block and compile it again.  I tested the release on a
64 bit PPC box, so this won't be the problem.

Salam-Shalom,