GPGME - omit gpg-agent / pinentry passphrase dialog

Daniel Mueller daniel at danm.de
Thu Dec 2 14:22:10 CET 2010

Hello,

is it somehow possible to omit the (configured) gpg-agent / pinentry
when using libgpgme? I know that I can turn it off by editing gpg.conf
(The use-agent option).

In some applications I would like to use my own passphrase callback
(gpgme_passphrase_cb_t) function, e.g.:

- When doing advanced key editing.
- When running a program as a service (Windows or Linux daemon) without
  any user interaction. (The program can impersonate as a different
  user in order to access his personal data/files).
- Automated key generation / management & key signing.

I could imagine that you do not want this for security reasons. If so,
I'd be happy to hear your opinion and/or suggestions how to disable
gpg-agent / pinentry (on Linux and Windows GPG4WIN).

Thanks!

Daniel

--
Daniel Mueller          http://danm.de
Berlin, Germany         OpenPGP: F9F982C1