OpenPGP sig notations - IANA registry vs. seen-in-the-wild

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Jan 26 06:00:15 CET 2010

On 01/25/2010 06:18 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> The RFC's describe the creation of a registry, but the most I can find
> is an empty one:
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/pgp-parameters/pgp-parameters.xhtml#pgp-parameters-6
>
> ===
> 10.2.2.1.  Signature Notation Data Subpackets
> ... Notations contain a user space that is completely unmanaged and an IETF space.
> ===
>
> 1. Are there ANY IETF-registered notations?
> 2. I'm also looking for seen-in-the-wild notations, esp. common ones.

does it count as seen-in-the-wild if i'm doing it myself?

I use lsigreason at notations.openpgp.fifthhorseman.net for non-exportable
certifications that i make to keep a human-readable record of, say,
e-mail continuity without having actually done full identity checks.

These are good questions, and i'm interested in hearing what anyone else
has encountered.

	--dkg