--check-sigs cache and fingerprints

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 5 18:23:24 CEST 2010

On Sun,  4 Jul 2010 20:18, nicholas.cole at gmail.com said:

> The new format is very exciting (will it then be backported to gpg
> 1?).  I do think it would be good, after there is a new keybox format,

No, I have no plans to backport it.  gpg is widely used in unattended
systems and we should not introduce any larger changes.  gpg2 is
suitable for most systems and may also be used on servers - there are
however some problems for unattended use which we need to solve over
time.  I can think of a customized gpg-agent for servers which never
requires any user interaction.

Salam-Shalom,