gpg-agent: can't connect to the agent: IPC connect call failed

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 6 14:29:22 CEST 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:13, aleph at mandriva.org said:

> 2010-06-16 10:55:32 gpg-agent[1920] gpg-agent (GnuPG) 2.0.15 started
> 2010-06-16 10:56:35 gpg-agent[1920] can't connect my own socket: Invalid
> value passed to IPC

I can't say exacly what this is.  It would be useful to have a system
call trace of this:

  strace -fo out gpg-agent --verbose --write-env-file  $HOME/.gnupg/gpg-agent-info

You may need to install the strace package first.  Please send the
output to me by private mail to avoid the possibility of leaking private
information of your installation.  Keys or passphrase should not appear
in the file "out" but details of your system instalaltion are visible.

Shalom-Salam,