[Gpg4win-devel] Portuguese translation of site+GnuPG

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Fri Jul 9 10:33:22 CEST 2010

Hi Marco,

welcome and thanks for your message!

On 04.07.2010 00:43, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I offered myself to translate GnuPG's site and software to Portuguese
> (Europe) a few days ago.

great!

> I tried to get the .PO files without success and I finally found them in
> the site of the Windows version (but just for the software).
>
> Can someone direct me in the correct path? I wanted to translate GnuPG site
> and GnuPG V2.0.15 but I am not sure if translating the .PO that is in the
> Windows version will do the job... or will I need to translate both
> versions?
>
> Could you explain to me all steps such as which fields to replace in the
> .PO and character settings (UTF-8)? To translate DALnet I used UniRed
> Editor and UTF-8 in the XML files which were later parsed by the Team
> Leader. Can I use UniRed with the .PO's?

Do you have found this Gpg4win page for translator?
"How to translate all of Gpg4win into your language"
http://gpg4win.de/localize-gpg4win.html
There are useful information for you.

I think, an easy thing to start translate is the Gpg4win installer.
GpgEX and GpgOL are small work packages, too. All three use po files and are
available in Gpg4win (on windows) only - not in the gnupg core package.

A bigger project - but very useful for Portuguese speaking people - is to
translate the Gpg4win compendium.

Note: Gpg4win use the gnupg package (currently v2.0.15). Translation in gnupg
has to do there. Please coordinate this via the gnupg-devel list.

Are you familiar with svn? You could get a wald account for gpg4win svn access
to check in your installer or compendium translations. GpgEX, GpgOL and gnupg
are not contained in this gpg4win svn repository [1].

Regards
Emanuel

[1] http://wald.intevation.org/scm/?group_id=11
--