Renaming AES to AES-128

smu johnson smujohnson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:31:28 CET 2010

Although I have read Werner's comments, I also think this is a great idea.
The same with Blowfish for GnuPG which is uses 128 bit keys, and Twofish
with 256.  CAMELLIA128 has its blocksize next to it, but not the others.  In
addition, as you noticed, the namings where only 2 of the 3 Rijndael ciphers
have the bitsize in:  AES, AES196, AES256 looks a bit ramshackle and slapped
together.  I am not a fan of this inconsistency either.