authentication subkey

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Oct 21 03:57:12 CEST 2010

Now, Gnuk[0] supports the "INTERNAL AUTHENTICATE" command of OpenPGP
card protocol 2.0.

While I tested the "INTERNAL AUTHENTICATE" command, I generated
authentication subkey, using monkeysphere[1].

Reading "Use OpenPGP Keys for OpenSSH, how to use gpg with ssh" [2],
I can use Gnuk Token for OpenSSH authentication.

Then, I found that it is possible for GnuPG to generate authentication
subkey with --expert option.  Does this mean using GnuPG for
authentication is not that popular?

Anyhow, I am happyly using GnuPG authentication subkey for OpenSSH.

[0] http://www.fsij.org/gnuk/
[1] http://web.monkeysphere.info/
[2] http://www.programmierecke.net/howto/gpg-ssh.html