Gnuk change for CCID/ICCD protocol error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 16 10:56:11 CEST 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 04:19, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> "USB Integrated Circuit(s) Cards Interface Devices"
> http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/DWG_Smart-Card_CCID_Rev110.pdf

There is also DWG_Smart-Card_USB-ICC_ICCD_rev10.pdf which seems to be a
kind of subset to the full CCID specs.  At a quick check I have not
found a way to distinguish this from the full CCID specs.

> Besides, I think that state of CCID/ICCD implementation should not go
> Initial state (STATE_START in Gnuk) when it get unsupported command.

Agreed.  With the current git I am able to access the card.  However I
need to see how to get Extended Length APDUs right at CCID level.  My
driver has mostly been tested with TPDU exchange, I don't have a reader
which supports Extended Length APDU level exchange thus bugs in my code
are very likley.

Salam-Shalom,