Including gpgme.h fails with i686-mingw-w64

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 6 16:00:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

I spend quite some time on this thing and started to prepare the build
system for W64 (i.e. 64 bit W32 API).  (It does not yet work because we
need to change libgpg-error and libassuan also.)

The MS specs say that ssize_t is defined as LONG_PTR and LONG_PTR is
defined as long for 32 bit and as __int64 for 64 bit.  Thus mingw does
not get it right for 32 bit platforms where they typedef it as an int.
They should have typedef'd it as long to be compatible to MSC and with
tyhe specs.

A workaround would be to pass _SSIZE_T_DEFINED to gcc.  But that is an
mingw internal macro, thus we shouldn't use it.  You may want to fix mingw.
I have not yet build all libs with the new mingw; I will eventually do
that and thus need to come up with solution.

Salam-Shalom,