Issue1320: SIGBUS running `gpg-agent --daemon`

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 29 10:27:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:20, freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de said:

> The attached patch (against 2.0.17) prevents the crashes by
> not locking the list when flushing the content through es_deinit().
> I created it based on the assumption that locking isn't necessary in
> that situation, is that correct?

We keep on using estream via the log functions after pth_kill.  Thus it
is better to do a full fix.  My approach is a pth_kill wrapper and to
protect all pth calls in estream.c.

Can you please try ce98524?

For 2.1 we may not need it because the plan is to drop pth and use
native threads instead.

Thanks,