Fix few warnings in libgcrypt/cipher

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 15 15:32:57 CET 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:51, phcoder at gmail.com said:

> wasn't there. In any case the issues at hand (modifying const * for
> first patch und misaligned access for the second) can cause a crash or
> misbehaviour.

Yes sure.  There is definitley a need to fix that.  It seems that until
now everyone used a key right from the start of a properly aligned
buffer.

> I have it for GRUB. But these patches are small. Since I intend to

Copyright does only care about the text and not about the sematics.  Thus
this patch might be a bit too long.

> remember exact wording now). Alternatively I could put it in GRUB
> first and then there will be no doubt and we avoid administrative
> hassle.

That is a better way.  I can easily copy it from other GNU projects.
Please give me some time; https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1384
tracks this.

Thanks,