Fix few warnings in libgcrypt/cipher

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:51:46 CET 2011

On 14.12.2011 13:55, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:02, phcoder at gmail.com said:
>> Nobody seems to care. Is it a wrong list for libgcrypt patches? If so
>> what would be the right one?
> gcrypt-devel would be better; but I read both.
Ok, didn't find it at first and archives seems to be inaccessible.
Subscribed to it.
> I briefly looked at your patch but I am not convinced about the change.
> In particular because you say that it does not impact on performance.
> On what systems and CPUs did you tested it?

I didn't actually test but I don't do any additional copying that wasn't
there. In any case the issues at hand (modifying const * for first patch
und misaligned access for the second) can cause a crash or misbehaviour.
> To apply a patch to Libgcrypt we need a copyright assignment to the FSF.

I have it for GRUB. But these patches are small. Since I intend to pull
the new libgcrypt and put it in GRUB as soon as they are committed I
believe my assignment will extend to those too (I don't remember exact
wording now). Alternatively I could put it in GRUB first and then there
will be no doubt and we avoid administrative hassle.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko