pinpad entry support in Git repository

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Dec 19 04:59:17 CET 2011

On 2011-12-02 at 14:09 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Could you please test it out?
>
> 	(1) pinpad input for verify for user
> 	(2) pinpad input for verify for admin
> 	(3) pinpad input for passphrase modification by user
> 	(4) pinpad input for passphrase modification by admin

I think that it's better to have some test program testing the feature
of card reader, instead of asking test by GnuPG.

Thus, I wrote a python script.  Attached is a program which tests PIN
entry using pinpad of card reader.  It requires "Pyscard", smartcard
library for python.  See http://pyscard.sourceforge.net/ for Pyscard.

This test program assumes that OpenPGP card v2 is inserted to it.

There are nine cases (if card reader supports all).

       $ pinpad-test                   # verify user's PIN "
       $ pinpad-test --admin           # verify admin's PIN "
       $ pinpad-test --change          # change user's PIN "
       $ pinpad-test --change --admin  # change admin's PIN "
       $ pinpad-test --change2         # change user's PIN by two steps"
       $ pinpad-test --change2 --admin # change admin's PIN by two steps"
       $ pinpad-test --unblock         # change user's PIN by reset code"
       $ pinpad-test --unblock --admin # change user's PIN by admin's PIN"
       $ pinpad-test --put             # setup resetcode "

Please test your readers, it they come with pinpad.  And let me know
the result.  Thanks in advance.

I maintain this script in the Gnuk repository:
    http://www.gniibe.org/gitweb?p=gnuk.git;a=blob;f=tool/pinpad-test.py