GnuPG 2.1 beta 3 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 21 11:26:17 CET 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:24, nicholas.cole at gmail.com said:

> I see that the man page still refers to the option --secret-keyring.
> Presumably this option now does nothing?

Right, it is a NOP.  It is still there so you are able to use the same
gpg.conf for all versions of GnuPG.  I will fix the documentation.

> Very exciting to see the new release!

I did it mainly to tell that 2.1 development is still alive and also to
remind me about 14 years of GnuPG.  More seriously this will be the last
beta which uses Pth - we need to switch over to nPth[1].  This new
library will need some time to build and work correctly on non-GNU/Linux
systems.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1] http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=npth.git