GnuPG 2.1 beta 3 released

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:29:09 CET 2011

>  * GPG does not anymore use secring.gpg but delegates all secret key
>   operations to gpg-agent.  The import command moves secret keys to
>   the agent.

How will this interact with the --homedir option?  Will --homedir be
passed to gpg-agent or are the two entirely separate?

I ask because at the moment it is possible to keep separate keyrings
in different home directories, which might be useful to (for example)
keep the large debian keyrings separate from personal keys, or to keep
a set of keys for testing purposes separate from production keys.

Best wishes,

Nicholas