OpenPGP card specification: Data Object of 0x7f21 ("CERT-3")

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 21 13:56:02 CET 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 04:24, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> Current of GnuPG for exended APDU level cannot handle such a big data
> object.  This is true for internal ccid driver as well as for PC/SC
> backend.

For the internal driver we can switch to malloced buffers.  They were
simply not needed with short APDUs.  We may want to keep them in the
ccid_driver_s struct.  We could start with a short buffer and increase
it to ~64k if we get a respective error back from the card.  In general
I would like to limit the allocated memory unless more is needed.  That
driver is quite usable for embedded systems and there RAM is still a
scarce resource.

Shalom-Salam,